Seat base issue.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispbrown27

Reaction score
I have had these seat bases on my boat for about 3 years now. The problem is that the plastic bushing in the center seems too small to me. The pin that goes into it takes a lot of force to pull it out. I've even had one that I had to eventually use a propane torch on to melt the plastic bushing in order to separate the base from the pin. Has anyone else had this problem? The one that I took the torch to will slide off and on much easier, but it squeaks like crazy now and there is a fair amount of wiggle to it.

Attachments

• seat base.png
    seat base.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 751
I'd like to hear the answers to this as well. The one I mounted in the back of my boat has become extremely tight for some reason. It's been in there 4 years and just now starting to tighten. I put a few drops of 3 n 1 oil, made things a little easier for now.

I had the same issues & took a round file to the post base and sandpaper to the flare at the end of the post - don't remember which I took more off of, I believe I did more with the sandpaper, but it got rid of the difficulty of pulling the seats free while still being quiet and steady while using them

I tried oiling them up in the past and it never really helped. I tried everything from WD40 to Kroil and same results. I was thinking about grinding the pin down some and seeing if that does the trick.

Latest posts