Can anyone tell me about a 2009 Tracker TX 17 Pro's and Con'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about a 2009 Tracker TX 17 Pro's and Con's
I have owned two Tx175 Pro Teams and unfortunately sold the last one. I have an oppurtunity to purchase a 2009 TX 17.
It comes with a 40 and the standard Trolling motor and Electronics. I have an HDS 8 Gen 1 I can stick on it and a Minnkota 55lb twelve volt.
It looks tight in the rear compartment. If I want to run two batteries in series for the 12V, Is my choice under the seats? I heard it doesn't come with a charger? The livewell doesn't recirculate and you have to add water? Is this all true?
How much should I plan on spending? It is in "good condition"
Looking for a pond hopper and have the Lund for bigger water. I am also over 6' and 270 ish. Is the foot width and length smaller going to be a huge deal?
Thank you all in advance

I have a 92 version of the pro17. The foot width you will notice a little I think, but not in small water I wouldn't think. On my 92 I have 2 batteries and an onboard charger in the rear compartment. Pic of area would be nice to see if that compartment changed over the years. Your 55lb minnkota should work fine I would think. What is the asking price on this one? Is the trolling motor it comes with a foot controlled one and what size is it? What electronics comes with it? Trailer in good shape? What 40 hp is on it and is it in good running shape? All these matter on price....:)

Forgot, my livewell circulates just fine, there are switches on the counsel to control it and a timer also.

I had a 04 PT175 with a 60 2s. It was butt heavy at rest with a grp 27 TM & 24 cranking batteries in the stern. The gas tank is back there as well. The 40 will be adequate but that's about it. With a full tank of gas, the 40 will be sluggish.

The 55# TM will do good at controlling and pulling the boat except on windy days, the boat is on the light side (mine was) so boat control will be an issue in the wind using any TM. My PT175 had storage compartments up front and assume your potential model does as well, so you could put the TM battery up front and rewire it accordingly. I thought about this mod but never did it.

My PT had an OEM charger in the stern, it worked well, no complaints. The livewell would pump water in/out and recirculate, I don't see why the Tx would be different but could.

I don't know what you mean by "pondhopper", I used my PT175 on TVA lakes in E TN trolling for crapppie. The boat will be tippy by design with the modified V hull, when you move from one side to the other, the boat will roll, waves and wind will make it worse with the elevated decks.

Latest posts