Need some help picking out a new boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPI

Reaction score
Well, I'd didn't take long to figure out my Pro175 was too small for my growing family who wanted to go to the water with me. The original intent of the tin was me and my younger daughter using it to fish only. However, the wife,, older daughter, grandchild and son in law also wanted to go. So the 175 is gone and now I'm looking for something like the Seasrk Easy or Big Easy.
Can you tin experts point me in a direction similar to the likes of the 2 above? I would like to seat at least 8-10. I would really appreciate some good advice before I make this large purchase.

Wow! I have nothing to offer, but those aren't boats, they are aircraft carriers. Awesome!

c2fce0e5df90d6f87336e34ecc54a0ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought the Big Easy is a cool, versatile boat. It sort of has a pontoon-esque feel to it with its size and long bench seats, yet drives like a boat and looks like it would be easy to fish from. Big enough for a family and can probably pull a tube or skiers.

EXCEPT...you put my wife in that boat with me casting in the front and she'll be complaining that she's getting wet from the spray off my lure on ea. cast.

Granted...that would mean you could get my wife out on the boat...but I know in advance if miracles were possible that one would not end well.

onthewater102 said:
EXCEPT...you put my wife in that boat with me casting in the front and she'll be complaining that she's getting wet from the spray off my lure on ea. cast.

Granted...that would mean you could get my wife out on the boat...but I know in advance if miracles were possible that one would not end well.

There seems to be a line between family vessel and fishing rig. And this is the closet rig I have seen so far that is actually on that line.

I am not a 'buy it new" type of person, but I am finding it impossible to find ANY used Easys. Maybe its my interweb searching skills or lack thereof.

From the 2 different dealer quotes I got, the Easy 200 with about a 150hp is in the mid-$30s. I highly doubt I can let that kind of cash go out the door for a rig, unless I win the lottery.

This Easy 200 is a little more reasonable than the Big Easy, that I haven't even seen for sale on a dealer site.

This is the Easy 200:
800_4b191bcdd9c41d6e54731039c923699eae345856.jpg

5082eff2e5d9e938af8a6c97dff58213.jpg

This is my 2017 Big Easy with a Suzuki 200. Absolutely love this boat ! Dog and I fish mostly and family goes with occasionally. Handles well, can run a bank crappie fishing, and extremely stable.

B&R Marine in Taylorville Illinois.

Price seems a little flexible at different dealerships throughout the Midwest but this was close for me.

Cool part of this boat is the couches / boxes will come out with removing a few screws. It opens the front floor completely.

If money is no object, Princecraft makes a huge aluminum deck boat. It's basically a 22 or 24 foot modified v john with a raised floor, tons of in-floor storage, deck sides added, tons of seating, and tons of HP capacity. I myself would get one but I'm working on a 17 foot Crestliner Tiger Muskie.

sospd said:
B&R Marine in Taylorville Illinois.

Price seems a little flexible at different dealerships throughout the Midwest but this was close for me.
I have been looking there and emailing PJ, but its a 6 hour drive for me. Did they come off their quoted price?

Do you have any other dealers I could look at?

ericman said:
If money is no object, Princecraft makes a huge aluminum deck boat. It's basically a 22 or 24 foot modified v john with a raised floor, tons of in-floor storage, deck sides added, tons of seating, and tons of HP capacity. I myself would get one but I'm working on a 17 foot Crestliner Tiger Muskie.
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Beardstown Illinois has a Seaark dealer and I see a lot of advertisements from Cooks Boats down south. As far as price I special ordered mine so price wasn't too flexible, but was able to upgrade a couple things.

Ericman I haven't seen the princcraft boat. What sold me was Seaark was 24 feet long and had a 15 degree vee hull. It's the same hull as on their Bay boat, which is kinda what I wanted. In a couple years I plan on retiring in the Florida keys and this boat will work great there. Right now the couches are nice for the kids and wife.

Latest posts