Craigscam: Coming Soon to a Town or City Near You

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT

Reaction score
. . . if it hasn't already.
$4002 ?????
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Attachments

• Craigscam.jpg
    Craigscam.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,496
Yep seen that one and figured it was a ripoff.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

I guess I don't get how someone can either have success with a scam ad, OR how someone can fall for one.

If the potential buyer goes for a look see, has no cash on their person, looks at the title(s) if they exist, verifies the names on them match the driver license of the person showing the boat... no scam.

Are people so stupid that they will do ANYTHING to get a good deal and arrive at an empty lot with a pocketful of cash?

Gary - the way most internet scams work is via telephone.
if you see an ad for a Jeep, boat, car, truck or whatever, with a killer price,
greed normally drives the uneducated into the seller's trap.

it works like this - - - you start off by email, then the seller says to call
his private cell to set up the deal. all this is done withOUT seeing the article
for sale. a deposit of $2500 is sent via moneygram, western union, etc and
the article will be shipped the next day with balance of the sale due upon delivery.
of course there is no delivery - and the uneducated person is out of $2500.
that can buy an awful lot of groceries for the household.
and once they have your phone number, they can be relentless in their aggressive
calls threatening you with FBI investigation, IRS holding your pay, all sorts of threats.

the best one I have seen so far is a John Deere tractor for sale in the Farm n Garden
section of CL..... $20,000 value selling for $5,250. awesome photos of this tractor
in a big hay field with small mountains in the background of the picture and the ad says it is for sale in Orlando.....
hahahahaha There is no place in Orlando for a hay field, much less mountains.
so if the ad photos do not match your geographic area, that is another clue.
the seller asking for your shipping address, phone number and credit card# is another.

millions and millions of US Dollars leave this country every day to scammers.

common sense and due diligence is the key to a safe transaction anywhere.

The odd dollar amount is the result of currency conversion. That is the first giveaway that it's an off shore scam. Had one call the house yesterday and he said I had a computer problem that he needed to fix. Long story short is he wanted me to grant him remote access to my computer. I had time so I played him as long as he could stand then I got what sounded like a non English cuss words.

PS, There are ways to debunk scammers and whether they actually have an item in their possession.

Ask for a phone number

Ask for a pic of the item in a position they could not expect.

See it in person, without cash the first time.

I'm sure there are others, but if I find a seller that balks on any of the above, I drop it from my radar screen.

Yet another one with the same odd dollar format and broken English . . . :roll: :roll: :roll:
Guess he's going a "various path" after his "emergency sale" . . . LOL

Attachments

• Motor.jpg
    Motor.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,264

Latest posts