STARCRAFT SERIAL NUMBERS

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

Do any of you KNOW if the 1st two digits in STARCRAFT boat serial numbers are the year model??

I found a STARCRAFT boat serial number: 7117728 & am wondering if it's a 1971 year model.
(YEP, I've been out "pasture prowling" again.)

yours, satx

satx78247 said:
Do any of you KNOW if the 1st two digits in STARCRAFT boat serial numbers are the year model??
I found a STARCRAFT boat serial number: 7117728 & am wondering if it's a 1971 year model.
Could be ... as HIN (see to follow) numbers weren't promulgated by law until 1973. Many have tried to interpret the early 50s thru 70s s/n's without much luck. You could call and ask Starcraft support @ 574-831-7735.

Hull Identification Numbers (HIN) - As per the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), all 1973 and newer model boats have HINs. If your boat is older, it probably does not have a HIN.

See link = https://hinvalid.com/hinfo.php

DaleH,

Considering the wealth of knowledge on our tin boats that is in the "memory banks" of our membership, I'm hoping that at least ONE member KNOWS about this subject for sure.

THANKS, satx

The LINKED article below implies that the first two digits ARE the year. See the picture and reference on a 1966 Starcraft...about the third or fourth post.

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owners-groups-by-manufacturer/s/starcraft-boats/534694-1966-starchief-hull-identification-number

I have a 72 Starcraft and it has the government mandated HIN format - probably the first year of it. CAn't help you on your '71.
Dave

I am new here and trying to find out where I can find the serial number on my older starcraft 16". I have no idea. Can anyone help?

Thanks I'm just getting worried I have a boat that I can't register. It's not on the transom I don't even have a capacity plate.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

This is the boat any idea what year it Is?
b0edec8438123668053604b388be4cb1.jpg

I've figured out how to register it without a serial number. Any ideas what I can do for a capacity plate. It dosnt have one

I've read of people who had them re-made.

I guess, if it were me, I'd take a picture of a good one; calculate your own numbers; use photoshop or any photo editing program...... and insert the correct data; and then print and laminate my own card.

Once you have the boat documented as prior to 1972, I doubt that you legally have to have such a card. But, since all Game Wardens can't possibly keep up with every regulation, an official plate in your boat may be all that is needed. I'd keep the current registration (or a copy of it) with the boat at all times.

rich

Nope...but this LINK should get you with a bunch of Starcraft owners. also, I wonder how you are going to register it without disclosing its year???

Anyhow, just join iBoats and post your boat's picture and question. They may be able to help.

regards, rich

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owners-groups-by-manufacturer/s/starcraft-boats/10552364-new-to-the-starcraft-club

Thanks for the link. I looked online there is an option to click on stating that you can not find the serial number. So I can register it and for the capacity plate I emailed the government and they said that if I bought the boat without one I don't have to have it on there!

Latest posts