Float pods?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
Think I should get float pods? 1542 alumacraft with a 25 Yamaha four stroke. I'm going to be adding cmc trim soon. It would be nice to be able to run a little shallower.

I've got a 1648 alumacraft mod v ncs with a 25 Yamaha 4 stroke and have been debating it myself for a bit now. So I'm definitely interested in some other people's opinions also.

My theory which i assume is yours, is that i have a lot of weight in the back, motor, cmc, 2 batteries, gas tank, my fat a$$. Would the pods actually adding buoyancy and pick my stern up enough to make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 1448 and I added them to my boat, I have a 20 Hp 4s and keep the tank in the back but the battery is up front. I stand/sit on the back bench of course. It helped quite a bit, keeps the boat at a higher float. I am satisfied I added them to my boat.

I also considered adding them to my 1756 Lowe. However, one poster pointed out that the pods keep your stern so level, that raising your bow is far more difficult.

Raising your bow would be best when cutting across open water and encountering chop or larger waves than normal.

Since I fish both freshwater lakes (where raising the bow would be a good thing)...and saltwater flats...where a level stern is better...I decided to do nothing at this time.

richg99

Latest posts