Improving a 1957 Cadillac

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellyghost

Reaction score
I finally found an aluminum boat, and I want to consider shining her up. She is a 1957 Cadillac, and I hope to post a complete set of pictures soon.

Do people ever paint the floor of their aluminum boat? I was wondering if it would be nice to paint it with bedliner or some type of grippy paint.

In addition, I can see a few places where the boat was punctured and repaired. On the bow, two holes where made an bolts with gaskets were inserted. One of these holes has a useful eye bolt for tying the boat to the trailer. The other hole just has a bolt and gasket plugging the hole. What is the normal way of repairing holes like this?

And... What is this thing in the attached picture?

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 760
jellyghost said:
I finally found an aluminum boat, and I want to consider shining her up. She is a 1957 Cadillac, and I hope to post a complete set of pictures soon.

Do people ever paint the floor of their aluminum boat? I was wondering if it would be nice to paint it with bedliner or some type of grippy paint.
I would use a bedliner paint or that flexseal stuff.

jellyghost said:
In addition, I can see a few places where the boat was punctured and repaired. On the bow, two holes where made an bolts with gaskets were inserted. One of these holes has a useful eye bolt for tying the boat to the trailer. The other hole just has a bolt and gasket plugging the hole. What is the normal way of repairing holes like this?
Tig weld, in my opinion, would be the best repair technique

Latest posts