Filling holes in aluminum

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29

Reaction score
Have a few holes in the bow from various accessories that have been removed or moved. Nothing big, screws and the 1/2 incher for cables to pass through.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks.

the hammer said:
Have a few holes in the bow from various accessories that have been removed or moved. Nothing big, screws and the 1/2 incher for cables to pass through.
Any ideas would be great.
Thanks.
I have been welding them up, if you have someone locally who can weld aluminum this would be a good option and shouldn’t be too expensive.

Welding is by far the best way. I do it for folks all the time. If you want to save yourself some money get with the welder and set up a time. Ask him ahead about it but most times they are agreeable. Get a CLEAN scotchbrite pad and clean the area around the weld to a good polished finish without removing material. Make sure NOT to contaminate that pad with grease or oil. If you do use a clean one. By doing this you will save yourself about 50% on the cost of having it done.

Most hole patching jobs I do I spend as much time prepping (cleaning) as welding.

Or a small nut and bolt, with washers, if t. I use them all the time for this work, and they look pretty decent, and you can re-use the holes later, if needed

Latest posts