New boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoosier78

Reaction score
After 30 years of buying used boats and lots of times others peoples problems lol, I am purchasing a 2018 weld-craft 1652 with a new 25 hp tohatsu and new trailer!!

I am excited beyond belief about this. It is a wide open floor plan with a floor. Primarily will be used as a catfish, crappie boat.

I have several things I want to do to it. First thing is to mount my trolling motor, then seats of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, it is great to restore. But it is awesome to start fresh and just build out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a nice setup. You can add a center console or side console if you want later on. One thing to think about if you plan on mounting a seat up front, if you have thoughts of putting in a forward center console in the future, you might want to mount the seat far enough forward on the front deck so it won't interfere with a console. Here's my boat after I moved my console forward and the previous owner had mounted a seat too far back so I had to remove the seat.

Attachments

• Lowe_1652_2.jpg
    Lowe_1652_2.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,256
Thanks Guys! I love fixing up boats and actually have a couple builds on here, but I am pretty excited to be getting a brand new blank canvas. I will be taking delivery of my boat next week sometime. Will post pics! Going to keep it simple.

7896e03d9e471154be4fca0b75bc92f5.jpg
Here she is, sitting in my shop waiting on me to work on it.

Nice rig. Compared to a lot of 16' boats it sure has a lot of wide open space.

I got to ask. In general, why do jon boats seem to always be painted that same green color? (or whatever it is, I'm not good with colors).

IMG_0255.jpg
be76af80ee1fd4c3212a44548b7c3dd2.jpg
d5613c3a7cf3330050fabafad7d7fbc4.jpg
Haven’t had much time yet but did manage to way overbuild aluminum deck bracing. Mount my trolling motor, and put the lighted trailer guides on.

re color...no one really knows, but.... that green looks like a starting point for a great camo job....

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ROI59I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013KF0FQ0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4d38cedae7bf97fa113673eb3e067b12.jpg
d2aa1a059f23c9e43847638308932f9e.jpg
Slow going but I managed to get my seat bases mounted, extra bases for my rod holders finished, and have a lot of other projects started.

Latest posts