yall ruint me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
after finding this site i went home after work got my boat out of the barn and started cuttin wood. to begin with i have a 12ft watson sea king early 80's model vhull i got from a buddy that pass'd away, ill post some pics up after i get off work. im starting off decking the front vhull acouple inches above the seat with a storage compartment. only half way finished with the framing but im stuck on how to secure the framing to the sides of the boat? any words of wisdom? I've been scrolling threw yalls pictures for some tips but not having very good luck. thanks for the help!

Welcome to the site. Post some pics and I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas from the members.

I wouldn't worry about fastening the wood to the sides of the deck...

if you are going to cover the top of the front seat, then run bracing to the front in about 4 places (each side, 2 down the middle to mount your seat to) then use short braces to support the deck from the bottom of the hull to the bracing of the deck. As long as you attach the deck to the seats, the bracing should be enough to hold it down and give you all the support you need without drilling into your sidewalls.

If you have ribs and prefer to attach to the side wall, that would be the ideal place to do it since you wouldn't have to go through the walls to the outside creating an eyesore

welcome to the insanity :popcorn:

:WELCOME: lol, don't feel bad.....I went-out & bought another boat just to mod & sell :lol:

ST

Latest posts