New Utility V Boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuelh1987

Reaction score
In the near future i'm going to be purchasing a new utility V and tiller outboard. What does everyone use & what are their dislikes. I'm wanting something in the 14'-16' X 6' range. I'd prefer split middle bench and a flat floor.

a flat floor gives you more usable space,a 16 foot boat trailers like a 14 foot boat and gives you more room

I’d say one of the first decisions would be welded or riveted? Then what brands are available through local dealers (local being how far are you willing to travel)? 14 - 16’? A 16’ boat has many advantages over a 14’ with few disadvantages. Do you have any limitations as far as powering the boat? If your not limited $ wise, or operating on power restricted bodies of water, then buy a quality welded 16’ foot boat and power it up to whatever the coastguard sticker says it will handle—just some ideas to help you narrow your options. Once you narrow your options you’ll find lots of good advise as to particular boats. I’ve hand really good luck with Lowe riveted boats—no leaks after 20 years of hard service, heard good things about their welded boats also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know why but there is a big difference between a 14' boat and a 16' boat, more than going from a 12' to a 14'. I would definitely go with a 16 if you can find and afford one. Actually, I'd go as big as you can afford. Nobody ever had a boat that was too big.

Latest posts