Akua Fenders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the Akua boat fenders? I just don't believe suction cups could handle this job. Any insight?

I can't believe no one has ever heard of these before on this forum. Was interested in getting them for my new Tracker. Looks like a great idea, but I was hoping for someone else's opinion before I bought them.

https://www.akuaboatfenders.com/

I don't use fenders. One of the reasons I bought an aluminum boat was to get away from worrying too much about dock rash, etc. On another large fiberglass boat where I did used them, I just used regular old fenders with a lanyard. Couldn't tell you the brand but probably the least expensive I could find. That would of been before internet. Got rid of that boat back in the early '80s.

Anyway, I looked at the link. Those look pretty slick and they make one specifically for your boat. Like you, I might be a little concerned if they relied only on the suction cups. But the company claims their design works.

Congrats on the new boat. Hope you post some pic's

Thanks for the reply. I never worried about fenders on my old aluminum boat either. But with a brand new 2020 boat, I wanted to protect the finish as long as possible. I will probably try them out and see what happens.

I didn't take any good pics yet, but this is the stock image from the Tracker website. It is the exact same boat down to the motor and color.
PRO-TEAM-190-TX-Tournament-Ed_img187247_900.jpg

lol yeah dont let the boat get neglected! you can buy pool tube floats and cut them length wise and put them on the rails of the gunwale.. just kidding lol...

good luck

Latest posts