Tremclad paint in Canada?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamgarrett05

Reaction score
Anyone ever used Tremclad rust paint in Canada for painting their aluminum boat? If so, how did it hold up? Add any thinner or hardener?

What I understand is Tremcald is the Canadian brand name of Rustoleum. It does very well on aluminum, thinner and hardener helps a lot.

Hey! From what I've been reading it isn't even close to the Rustoleum from the states in terms of its makeup (due to increased restrictions in Canada). Rustoleum 3x more expensive with exchange so I'm trying to do it cheaper but I don't want to do it twice.

I used tremclad and a hardener from napa when I painted my 16' naden 3 years ago. It has held up fine. It is slow as all get out to dry. Also the hardener contains isocyanates so respirator use and ventilation is important. Another paint I have used is Korzite. It is also an enamel, is affordable and dries very quickly. I stumbled across it because we use it at work. I also added hardener to it and it worked fine.

I used Tremclad on the inside of my boat. I added 10% universal hardener. Used a roller to apply and a brush to get in areas the roller could not go. It was dry the next day. It has lasted very well.
Not the best picture but the only one I have of the interior.
IMG_1109.JPG

Latest posts