1972 lund big resorter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy D

Reaction score
I bought a 1972 resorter the hull is beautiful. So is the inside. It is the model with the deck. Someone redid the whole thing including the deck front and back and did a great job. It has a 15 inch transom. The previous owner put in a jack plate to get the motor where it should be. . The only motor I have is a 75 etec. Which is about 100 pound heavier and 20 hp higher than "recommended". What are your Thoughts thanks a bunch.

I'm not super prudish when it comes to slightly overpowering a hull but that's quite a stretch. The low transom is something that will have you worrying everytime you see a wake coming from behind. You didn't mention of it was set up for tiller or console but either way I'd be looking for a lighter engine. If you don't mind running a vintage similar to your hull the johnnyrude 737 twins 40-48-50-55-60 even with trim and tilt are a hair under 200lbs. If you want something newer I'd look at tohatsu but honestly with the newer outboards, I don't think you can go wrong no matter which brand you choose.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Latest posts