... where's my trailer?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
New to me truck ... so where's the trailer when behind the truck ... with no boat on it? Even though the truck has a reverse camera, when the trailer drops off the edge of that steep ramp, it drops out of site.

In use, I also clipped the 'stik' it to the transom with the boat on the trailer too and in the dark the reverse lights reflected the red lens so that I could easy see what was where. The plastic clamp made it ohhh sooo easy! Note how the design for this cheap $1 clamp also hold the 'stik' post.

TrailerStik1.jpg

TrailerStik2.jpg

TacomaSR5-1.jpg

OR you could just get a couple of friends to help. LOL

At 1:24

https://youtu.be/Mp2NUIV4B8g

This is way better than jumping out while jack knived and taking my tailgate off! Haha, but I like this idea especially in low light

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Riverdog said:
OR you could just get a couple of friends to help. LOL
I actually had a friend do that ... he was driving his Dad’s old Chevy Impala, a HUGE older big azz 4-door car. But he was a powerlifter ... as oh yeah, the 14’ skiff and 9.9hp Johnson OB motor were still on the trailer :shock: when he picked the entire rig up and straightened it out behind his car!

I welded some 2"×2" pillars for guiding the boat and also for backing up. Also a great place for the lights and plate. I can see everything when backing it up (even with a couple beers) through the mirrors. Even tought the misses to do it!20200430_150111.jpg

Latest posts