1955 Appleby boat/trailer revival complete

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamsturz

Reaction score
My Great Uncle gave me this old 14' Appleby that was stored in his old farm garage for 40 years. Last registration sticker expired in '81. Unfortunately the original Martin 75 motor was stolen years ago by a renter. Other than tires rotted off, non-working trailer lights, and a few small holes to patch under one seat packed full with a mouse nest(suspect mouse urine ate through aluminum), it just needed a thorough cleaning and multiple coats on the wood seats. Believe it or not, the front bow light worked with a fresh battery. I had a long-shaft motor off my current boat, so had to fabricate a transom elevator. Brother-in-law painted the Montgomery Wards trailer in the original color. Should be good for another 65 years on the water.boat prob 1.jpgboat prob 2.jpgboat prob 3.jpgDSCN4391.JPGDSCN4438.JPGDSCN4439.JPGDSCN4440.JPGDSCN4441.JPGDSCN4442.JPG

You didn't mention it and you've probably already done it but...

check the wheel bearings. (this is the voice of experience speaking).

[-o<

Kismet said:
You didn't mention it and you've probably already done it but...

check the wheel bearings. (this is the voice of experience speaking).

[-o<
Appreciate the input. I did repack the bearings. I was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the bearings. I fully expected to have to replace them. Now I know how to repack them too. Never done it before.

Latest posts