Leaky Jon Boat Restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster132

Reaction score
Hi,
A buddy and I have been looking to buy a Jon Boat for a couple months, we have been having trouble since is summer and they are either selling quick or out of our budget. Yesterday we finally found one that was in our budget and it looked beat up but we decided to buy it. Fast forward to today we started sanding the boat and taking off the old patches it has all over the bottom and decided to fill it up with water to check for leaks. It turns out it has way more leaks than we thought and now I am worried that we might have to get a new boat. If anyone is experienced with restoring and working on jon boats i would greatly appreciate if you can let me know if it is restorable, and what materials can be uses to do so.

Here is the video of the leaks: https://imgur.com/a/lPqPQmt

I’ve been looking at solutions and the best one right now seems to use JB Weld and Flex Seal on top. I know it’s temporary but at least it will hold for a while. If anyone has a better suggestion or has had problems with this method before can they let me know. Thank you.

Latest posts