batery switch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slross83

Reaction score
New boat owner so bare with me please. So I got a 1860 sportsman yesterday. The boat has three batteries and a red switch 1,2, both. My understanding is to switch to 1 for starting. Leaving it on 1 will only charge the one battery though. switch to both if I need extra juice to start motor. but if I want to charge both I need to leave it on both. Am I correct? next question is if generator is running for bowfishing lights and motor is on do I need to switch to only 1 since generator is loading other batteries? Maybe im totally off here. Just looking for guidance so idont mess anything up.

slross83 said:
New boat owner so bare with me please. So I got a 1860 sportsman yesterday. The boat has three batteries and a red switch 1,2, both. My understanding is to switch to 1 for starting. Leaving it on 1 will only charge the one battery though. switch to both if I need extra juice to start motor. but if I want to charge both I need to leave it on both. Am I correct? next question is if generator is running for bowfishing lights and motor is on do I need to switch to only 1 since generator is loading other batteries? Maybe im totally off here. Just looking for guidance so idont mess anything up.
I have the same general question. I hope someone will weigh in on this. I only run two batteries (starting and big trolling) and I was wondering if the charging system, when directed to the trolling motor battery, would shorten that deep cycles lifespan. I’d always been told to run them down 70-80 percent then charge them up to max with a proper deep cycle charger.

Latest posts