Do marine electronics go on clearance/sale in the fall?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Reaction score
Looking to buy a side scan and was wondering if anyone ever sees any deals around this time of year.

Looking mostly at the Humminbird 7” models, side and down imaging mandatory, other features not necessary .

I would guess more sales in the Spring when the newer models are launched. You could try BOE Marine and see what they have that might fit your need, even as them "Hey, what can you do?" As they do have unadvertised or special pricing on old stock models.

The helix gen 4 models just came out. I will be some time before production will catch up with demand. At that point the gen 3 models will be put on clearance. If history is any indicator, the update from gen 2 to gen 3 took about 6 months. At that point the gen 2's were discounted to create shelf space the new models...

I might look for black Friday deals on the gen 3 models

FishinLite said:
The helix gen 4 models just came out. I will be some time before production will catch up with demand. At that point the gen 3 models will be put on clearance. If history is any indicator, the update from gen 2 to gen 3 took about 6 months. At that point the gen 2's were discounted to create shelf space the new models...

I might look for black Friday deals on the gen 3 models

Any major differences between the 3 and 4?

I really wish they made a model without the gps that cost a bit less as I don’t see myself ever needing it.

Then again the 5 is cheaper and I often wonder if the 7 will be too large overall.

BBG Electronics. I bought my Helix 7 di and ram mount for $548. Free shipping. I highly recommend them. For a smaller unit it's packed with plenty of features, and clear as can be. Just one card slot, have to be careful with the micro chip.

I would probably wait until Black Friday. Some of the deals they had last year, like the Garmin 93SV for $599, were great.

RaisedByWolves said:
I really wish they made a model without the gps that cost a bit less as I don’t see myself ever needing it.

Then again the 5 is cheaper and I often wonder if the 7 will be too large overall.

I have an older generation helix 7 and like it a lot. It originally was on my 15' boat. I don't think you will find it too large but think you will like the larger screen.

Bass Pro/Cabells on line bargain cave has some very good deals on marine electronics.

A lot are already out of stock.

Missed a discontinued garmin echo map at a very good price.

Cabela’s bargin cave.

Nice system ar great price.

Attachments

• 7D3CDD54-7C90-45DF-94B3-C4694665F6B6.jpeg
    7D3CDD54-7C90-45DF-94B3-C4694665F6B6.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 252
Bass Pro/Cabelas put the Lowrance Elite-Ti2 on sale for 999.97. Wow, what a deal. That's a grand off. If I'm going to be spending that kind of money I'll keep saving and get the Live model. The Helix 7 is 499.97 now, that's 300.00 off.

eeshaw said:
Bass Pro/Cabelas put the Lowrance Elite-Ti2 on sale for 999.97. Wow, what a deal. That's a grand off. If I'm going to be spending that kind of money I'll keep saving and get the Live model. The Helix 7 is 499.97 now, that's 300.00 off.

In store or on line for the helix7?

I can’t find it at that price.

RaisedByWolves said:
eeshaw said:

It was in their mailer.

RaisedByWolves said:
eeshaw said:

https://blackfriday.com/ads/black-friday/bass-pro-shops

Hope this helps!

Jim said:
RaisedByWolves said:
eeshaw said:

https://blackfriday.com/ads/black-friday/bass-pro-shops

Hope this helps!

THANK YOU KIND SIR!!!!

$529 with tax and free shipping. =D>

Been waiting two years for the stars to align so as I had the cash on hand and found a decent price.

I just grabbed one of those Garmin 93SVs for $599.

They had another 5% off for curbside pickup, and the credit card I used has 5% cash back on sporting goods. When I realized I could sell my current units for about that, it was a no brainer.

You don't even have to go in, order it, wait for the email, and wait in the parking lot. My order took a little while but they were super busy.

After seeing the amount of unmasked folks going into BPS, you couldn't pay me enough to walk around in there.

Jim said:
Do you need a special transducer for that garmin unit?

The unit I purchased came with SV transducer, Not sure which one but think it was the GT54 or GT56.

Also came with display cover.

InSaneFisherMan said:
Jim said:

The unit I purchased came with SV transducer, Not sure which one but think it was the GT54 or GT56.

Yep, mine came with the GT54. It's all you'll need, it supports everything that the unit is capable of aside from Livescope.

Got it all rigged last night and am getting ready to head out and see if I can get into some winter crappie.

MrGiggles said:
InSaneFisherMan said:
Jim said:

Yep, mine came with the GT54. It's all you'll need, it supports everything that the unit is capable of aside from Livescope.

Got it all rigged last night and am getting ready to head out and see if I can get into some winter crappie.

Waiting for engine interface cables, so I can use the gauges page!

Latest posts