Installed Linear Actuator for kicker motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the thing that was throwing you off when connecting to the main motor was the setback on the small motor. I've seen the linear actuators used before on bowfishing boats for the same reasons. Where did you purchase the Attwood item from?

Nice work!
The only thing I might have done differently would be to just add a momentary toggle switch to my dash, set left and right, with the relays underneath. That way, it's neat, and doesn't take up any real-estate.

Again, nice work. Thanks for sharing. I just started a post, as I'm thinking of using an actuator as a tilt-trim motor for a small outboard

Oh, but for what it's worth....

I learned a long time ago, that the easiest way to steer with a kicker is to lock it straight ahead, and use the big motor as a rudder. Most small motors have a center lock for just this reason. It works great, unless you are in tight quarters, like when docking, then you need to grab the tiller.

That being said, with your power steering setup, you can lift your big motor out of the water for better efficiency.

Where did you purchase the Attwood item from?
Amazon.com

The only thing I might have done differently would be to just add a momentary toggle switch to my dash, set left and right, with the relays underneath. That way, it's neat, and doesn't take up any real-estate.
It is tiller steering....No dashboard

That being said, with your power steering setup, you can lift your big motor out of the water for better efficiency.
Exactly! With the big motor in the water it was hard to maintain 1.5mph......With it out, the boat handles much better.

"It is tiller steering....No dashboard"

DUH..... I didn't catch that.
Mine was tiller steer, and I got tired of being turned sideways, and I installed a little console I got off Craigslist for $100. Was one of the best things I ever did, BUT that is my preference, not everyone else's.

I think your setup is very nice. Hopefully, it's a fish-slayer, too!

Latest posts