Info on Grumman/Evinrude combo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idruthrbfishin

Reaction score
Looking for info on this Grumman boat. I'm thinking the model might be the "Skidaddle?" Don't know too much about it yet, other than what you can see in the picture. I'm guessing maybe mid-80's? Cowl on the motor might mot be the original color, but looks to be somewhere in the late 80's/early 90's. Anyone have any ideas? Price is right, $1200 and everything works.
Grummanboat.png

Almost looks like the old Meter series, made through the 80s like you said. Not sure if they made them in a walk through though.

The motor looks like the same period to me, mid 80s.

Regardless, that is well worth $1200 if the paperwork is in order for registration in your state and the hull is in decent shape.

Our neighbors where we camped had one for the better part of two decades, they seemed to like it.

It was a walkthrough like that one pictured.

It never sank. :wink:

I'd snatch it up. Used boats sold like hotcakes last year, I bet they will again once the deep freeze is over.

Well, I went and looked at it, it is the Skidaddle model. I made an offer of $1000 because it is going to need a new transom before long. I think I can make it last for one summer and make it a project for next winter.

Did you get the boat?

The Grumman line was reduced to just the aluminum canoes for a while. The brand was taken over by the Marathon Boat group and put back into production not too long ago. That company also had the Duranautic line of boats. In the early 2000’s the Duranautic and Grumman boats were exactly the same except for cup holders and more choices of color for the Grumman models. They have since phased out the Grumman brand on the boats and are back to Duranautic as the flag ship of Aluminum boats and Grumman for the canoes.

Marathon has a websight you can check out to find info on the boats....

I would jump all over that boat...........they are rock solid and easily repairable. I have had a 2008 13 ft. Duranautic and now a 16 SC. They are all built the same. The skin is welded in the seams.

sonny.barile said:
Did you get the boat?

The Grumman line was reduced to just the aluminum canoes for a while. The brand was taken over by the Marathon Boat group and put back into production not too long ago. That company also had the Duranautic line of boats. In the early 2000’s the Duranautic and Grumman boats were exactly the same except for cup holders and more choices of color for the Grumman models. They have since phased out the Grumman brand on the boats and are back to Duranautic as the flag ship of Aluminum boats and Grumman for the canoes.

Marathon has a websight you can check out to find info on the boats....

I would jump all over that boat...........they are rock solid and easily repairable. I have had a 2008 13 ft. Duranautic and now a 16 SC. They are all built the same. The skin is welded in the seams.
Yep. Transom needs replaced. looks like the boat was in saltwater at some point. Motor has been replaced since then.

So did you get it? I still see a lot of those boats getting used in the salt water (Raritan Bay and adjacent rivers) here in NJ. The marketing literature states it was born in the Hudson River....(salt/brackish)

That hull alone would be worth $2k in Jersey. That’s a good buy......

sonny.barile said:
So did you get it? I still see a lot of those boats getting used in the salt water (Raritan Bay and adjacent rivers) here in NJ. The marketing literature states it was born in the Hudson River....(salt/brackish)

That hull alone would be worth $2k in Jersey. That’s a good buy......

I did end up getting it, transom was worse than I thought. The boat was in saltwater at some point, the aluminum transom is badly corroded. I decided to cut it all out and do it right.