DIY Gauge Panels and mounting plates???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soky72

Reaction score
I just picked up a 1999 SeaArk 1652, it's all welded and built like tank. The only problem is like most old boats it's full of cut outs and screw holes. Rather than getting everything patched on the console I figured id neatly cut out large areas and replace it with panels made with whatever, carbon fiber sheet? ABS plastic? Same for the electronics areas which I've seen someone use a cutting board as a mounting plate. Just looking for examples and suggestions.

I just bought a piece of 1/4” ABS plastic off of Amazon for essentially the same purpose. The plate that holds the trolling motor plug and 12/24 selector switch on our old champion dry rotted and broke off. Trying to find original panels/parts is impossible for a 1992 champion. I plan to measure and cut out a plate of abs that will cover the original hole, then dremmel and cut holes for the new plugs/switches. I think this is the easiest and cleanest solution, and would probably work great for you too. The 1/4” abs is some heavy duty stuff and fairly cheap for what you are doing. I would think you could easily get away with thinner than 1/4” also if you wanted.

Let us know how it turns out, I’d love to see pics of your progress and finished project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk