Pics of my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

who pooted?

Reaction score
Here's some pictures of my boat. I've started the project cutting a hole in the middle bench seat for battery storage and small storage. The boat is a 1436 don't no brand(no id plate) the motor is a strong, first crank, ugly as hell 1959 Johnson Seahorse 18hp. I'll get some better pictures with illustration on my deck layout. I took these pics at night w/quality on my camera set to economy so they are not the best.

Attachments

• Boat Pics 001.jpg
    Boat Pics 001.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 903
  • Boat Pics 002.jpg
    Boat Pics 002.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 901
  • Boat Pics 008.jpg
    Boat Pics 008.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 905
Don't quite know on the paint color. Was thinking all black, steelflex black on bottom reg paint black top, or red w/tan carpet and design on it. Would like to do a different color on bottom then do bigger pinstripe to different body color then different color on rail around top, but this may be too expensive.

Battery in the bench~have you mounted it? (or them, if there are 2?) I was going to build something external to hold my 2 marine batteries for the trolling motor....this has me re-thinking this. Anyone else here have experience doing this?

Cheers,
Rob

Have you been able to make any progress on your rig? I'm on a tight budget myself, but have been picking up goodies for a little over a year now. I have most of the bells and whistles in place just waiting for their turn to be installed.

How 'bout an update?

Crappie D/All,
I have been busy with traveling during the Christmas time. Got back home with materials to build deck, but they are just sitting in garage. Was going to start this week.......wife decided it was more important to remodel a bedroom. So right now I'm knee deep in sheetrock finishing priming/painting. Shouldn't take but a week and then I'll start the boat. I'll keep you guys posted. Still can't make up my mind on paint. Kinda leanin toward camo due to cost versus steelflex and other paint options. Electrically speaking, I've yet to purchase an extra depth finder for when i run the outboard. Still need to get the wiring, junction box, etc.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years! :beer:

who pooted? said:
Don't quite know on the paint color. Was thinking all black, steelflex black on bottom reg paint black top, or red w/tan carpet and design on it. Would like to do a different color on bottom then do bigger pinstripe to different body color then different color on rail around top, but this may be too expensive.

Black may not be a great choice. Tat would draw heat and get pretty toasty in the summer.

Black would be the best color for the bottom of the boat. It will help you be more "stealthy" when sneaking up on the fish. It's the color that scares fish the least as they think it is merely a shadow.

CrappieReaper said:
Black would be the best color for the bottom of the boat. It will help you be more "stealthy" when sneaking up on the fish. It's the color that scares fish the least as they think it is merely a shadow.

And then the fish use the fake shadow, to hide from the sun, so you can catch them.Just gotta remember not to make any noise in the boat. :lol:

Black the bottom camo the rest. Carpeting should dampen everything. Also to help noise I'm gonna spray some rubberized noise dampener on inside bottom of boat under deck.
Now if I can just get a speaker that makes the Jaws music for when I'm sneaking up on a big ol bucketmouth!

I'm planning on painting the inside and outside of the boat black, but I also usually stop fishing once the heat of the day comes and plan on doing much of my fishing at night.

ben2go said:
CrappieReaper said:

And then the fish use the fake shadow, to hide from the sun, so you can catch them.Just gotta remember not to make any noise in the boat. :lol:

The water where I fish is pretty murky, so the bottom of my green boat probably blends right in, lol. If it was black the fish would probably know something was up, lol. 8-[ :)

Latest posts