I have finally started back on the Rebirth. I am starting to push hard as I have a camping trip scheduled for the 14th of March. Here's the poop....
CrappieDentist was unable to blast the trailer for me at his work till sometime in the Summer. I picked the trailer back up and he let me borrow his portable blaster setup. It was a major pain, but not that bad and the results were great! I was able to remove all rust and paint.
One of the kids had set the camera up for B&W pics and I didn't realize it till after the SD card had been deleted. You can still tell a big difference though.
I'll complete the trailer with some solid sides for re-loading purposes on down the road. I don't want them in my way for now.
Before I put the boat back on the trailer, I wanted to get some more of the lower decking in. I pulled both sides of the rear decks to add doublers in the areas of the pedestal bases. I wanted to make sure I had some strength as I am going to have to used a wood screw vs. bolts to retain them. The side storage in the back really makes for a cramped area though. I am also placing all pedestal bases in the center. This allows whoever is sitting in one to be able to fish out of either side of the boat with nothing in the way. I am placing two pedestal bases in the back, one for operating the boat, the second for someone to fish out of. I moved it back towards the transom to give whoever is back there a little leg room. Most of the time, I'll be by myself, so it's no big thing. The forward section under deck was just too shallow to house a couple of batteries for the trolling motor. I've decided to stick them right under the bow cover at the front of the boat. It's a perfect fit for two! It will also add needed weight towards the front of the boat.
I have the forward deck cut, lids for livewell and storage cut, am working on side panel storage to boot. I need to buy some plumbing supplies now to get the water lines run for the livewells, bilges and areators. Once that's done, I'll install the forward decking along with the lids. I still need to create a switch box for the back. I don't want any switches sticking out that can be accidently broken. I plan to do my best to have her ready for carpet sometime Sunday, but I have many things to do before then.
I can begin to see the final product in my head and it looks to be a fine machine.