carpet glue on top of thompson's water seal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timsmcm

Reaction score
I was wondering if the henrys carpet glue will have trouble sticking to the oil in the water sealer? seems real slick. Also does the trolling motor need to be in the middle of the boat? I am having a hard time taking all of my new deck space up with trolling motor.

if you have a squared off front to the boat it is a good idea to mount your trolling motor off to one side
many of your questions can be answered by using the search feature here on the site

Wayne

I have asked many different ways in the search base and did not have my questions answered. I will ask again will henrys glue work and stay stuck to thompson's water seal

It will stick but it will take a couple days for it to dry completely.Use some type of heavy roller or rolling pin to roll the carpet after it's laid on the glue.

the reason that I am asking this question is I used some silicone to do some sealing around the boat today and the silicone did not stick to the thompson water seal. I am starting to think that if I use the henrys carpet glue the same thing is going to happen.

I used both this winter on a mod and had no trouble with using the home dept version of henry's carpet glue. I can tell it adhered fine besause when I used a hole saw to drill out for the seats iI have checked to see how the carpet stuck on the scrap pieces and its setup fine. Now I tried using some industrial spray glue as well on smaller pieces and that didn't work at all.

Certainly mount your trolling motor off to the side. Clears up a lot of space, with little or no adverse effect.

What if you took some fine/medium grit sandpaper and roughed-up the Thompson's a little, just to give the glue something to adhere to. I've never used Thompson's and have heard that it's paraffin-based. Not sure though.

Latest posts