APRIL PHOTO CONTEST. "Jay 415" is the WINNER!

This section is for any pictures and any questions or comments regarding photography. No fishing pictures here.

Pick the photo that you think is the BEST "Macro" photograph.

Poll ended at 18 May 2012, 09:02

parkerdog
No votes
Kochy
9%
Gramps50
5%
pelagicbldr
2%
Wasilvers
13%
Codeman
No votes
Auzivision
4%
Spiderman0423
2%
Possom813
5%
WaterWings
7%
Jay 415
18%
House
9%
Johny25
27%

Total votes: 56

fender66

APRIL PHOTO CONTEST. Post your photo here.

Post by fender66 »

Okay guys.....Again, I'm late. I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and didn't get to officially END this contest. Consider this thread closed. Voting will start tomorrow after the following takes place (I want to be fair).

There are a couple of you that have multiple images posted. Please pick the ONE photo that YOU are submitting and delete the others. IF this is not done by time I sign on tonight after 9:00PM CST (after I get home from my daughter's school concert)...I will pick the photo that I think is the best entry and you will be stuck with my pick.

Also, to everyone that has entered....I'm not going to call out names, but there are a few pictures posted that are not "macro" photos. I'm giving you a chance to delete your photos before the voting starts. I only ask this as a favor to not "muddy up" the voting process for those that have posted correctly. I will NOT delete any photos for the reason of not fitting the "macro" bill...I only mention this to be fair to the others.

I'm NOT going to lock this topic, but I do ask everyone to NOT post further comments to this thread. If you have questions....please PM me. I'm pretty quick to answer.

May's contest and theme will be announced and start tomorrow.

Thanks to ALL who have entered. There's quite a few this month.
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

fender66

APRIL PHOTO CONTEST. VOTING NOW OPEN!

Post by fender66 »

Okay TinBoaters...Voting has ended for April's contest. With this month's contest, we have had a few people confused. This ONLY stresses the point that you have to "read the rules" BEFORE you enter.

It looks like Johny25 has earned the most votes for his photo........however, he has personally contacted me and has withdrawn from the contest with the following message.

Hey fender : ) I think maybe the photo I posted is not really considered macro? Like I said I know nothing about photography or the terms that go with it. I had my camera on macro and just figured that would be good lol...... I know that I can't get a much closer pic than that with my camera before is refuses to focus properly. Any way I don't mind if my photo is removed from the contest in fairness to the others who seem to have truly taken a macro photo. I had to look up macro photography this morning to learn what it really is. I really did not think I had any chance to win but if I do then I would want 2nd place to receive the prize. I should have looked into macro photos more before posting. Rules should be followed and I believe in being fair and it looks like my photo may not fit the bill...... Thanks fender : )

Before voting opened, I tried to explain that some photos were not "true macro" photos with hope that those that entered incorrectly would have had their eyes opened. I'm afraid that this post was missed by many. If I would have removed his entry during the voting period, it would have eliminated all the other votes and we would have had to start over. I've certainly learned a few things from April's contest and again I thank Johny25 for stepping up. So.....with this in mind.....JAY 415 is the winner.

Congratulations to Jay and all those that entered.
Peace,

Chris/Fender66´¯`●.¸.¸¸.●´¯`●.¸><((((º>
Every day should be Fender Day!

2011 TinBoats/BYOB Labor Day Tournament Champion :wink:

wasilvers

Post by wasilvers »

Congrats to Jay!
Again, good site, good people - and kids always win photo contests :wink:
Will - Originally from Texas, now fishing for Bass in Wisconsin
1978 Sea Nymph Fishing Machine rebuilt in 2009

Jay415

Post by Jay415 »

Thanks to all especially Johny25. Very cute pic of your son!!

Waterwings

Post by Waterwings »

Congrats, Jay!
Image1652VT RoughneckImageCarrot Stix LTX

Johny25

Post by Johny25 »

Congrats Jay :), thank you, and thanks to all who voted for my pic even though it wasn't within the rules. Both my boys really liked your pic Jay. They thought it was "tiny", the name they gave the little baby turtle we caught last year and kept for a few days. :lol:
BOATS:
2002 Lowe 1467t
1988 Bluefin Sportsman 1900
1989 Spectrum 1900

MOTORS:
69' 6 hp Evinrude
71' 6 hp Johnson
85' 90 hp Evinrude
87' 9.9 hp Johnson (modified to 15hp)
88' 25 hp Johnson (modified to 30hp)
93' 120 hp Johnson