Probably the most spectacular storm front I've ever seen.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
Rolling into South Eastern Wisconsin yesterday afternoon! No damage done, but it was spectacular. regards, Rich

12012-06-29+11.19.18+reduced.jpg

Great shot Rich....

Love the beauty and power of Mother Nature. Especially during a storm. I only wish she could bring it on without the damage.

Rich?

You going out during these super-hot days?

I can't bring myself to do it, but I'm a sissy. :)

Great image. Did rain come with it?

We got the clouds and winds, but not more than a few drops in the dust came down.

Kismet...yep, still fishing but not catching. Seems the fish must have gone way deep as I rarely see anything in the clear water of the shallows. I normally would see, at least, the bluegills etc. cruising around. Now, nothing.

I was out this morning for an hour or so. I tried a 1 oz "weedless" football jig with a trailer in a "deep" hole. Never tried anything like that before, but a guy was touting it on the Bass Pros show??

Unfortunately, the weeds are not only on the top of my little lake, but they also seem to cover much of the bottom in the deeper holes. Hung up; hung up; hung up.

Went back to a weedless Johnson Silver (actually a bluegill side pattern) Minnow with a plastic trailer. No weeds, but no fish either.

Finally went back to my "go to" bait this Summer, a black-skirted; Colorado bladed; Wally World $1.00 spinner bait. I caught a 1 or 1 1/4 lb LM bass on the flats while I was moving back towards my dock. Not exactly good results for an hour or so on the water. This Summer sucks!

Might was well go back to Houston. It is 94 degrees and humid HERE.... and not much worse back home in Texas. At least there, I can fish for the saltwater reds and speckled trout. They don't pay much attention to the heat and humidity, since that is all they ever see.

Also, just returned from a 9 hour drive to Northern Minnesota for four days of fishing. 7 Northerns with none over 24 inches. Bah humbug...It was in the high 80's and low 90's there too.

I better take up golf.....oh no! I stink at that, too.

regards, Rich

Latest posts