Jon Boat Outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you got quotes yet? Just curious where you are located and what they quoted you. I'm in north Alabama and my local dealer just quoted me $3500 plus tax on a Yamaha 25 short shaft tiller with electric start. It was lower than I was expecting. I have yet to get in touch with them again to confirm that and make sure there are no extra fees they will try to tack on at the end.

FWIW, I paid $3650 (+ tax) for my 2017 F25SWHC.

Edit to add:
Keep an eye out for incentives. I got 4 or $500
in in dealer credit during a fall season incentive.

I paid $3,428.95 out the door for my 2019 F25C in March of 2019. There was a $300 rebate and a extra 2 year warranty promotion at the time. Price included the rebate. Boater's World Albany, GA.

If you choose to go with the Tohatsu 20 buy a 9.9 remove the restrictor plate and get the 20 module to save some money. Stupid but it works.

A lot of times with used equipment (of any kind/brand/etc), there is a reason the seller is selling it. Always keep that in mind.

Out here outboards are not titled, so that doesn't bother me any. Different states do stuff differently in that respect.

Having purchased a lot of used stuff over the years, I've yet to have one that didn't need something. The "least needy" of them all needed a GOOD cleaning, the owner didn't believe in cleaning so it was ugly, faded, etc--but mechanically excellent. In my case, time is money so I have to keep in mind the time it takes to clean up and deduct from the sale price. That particular unit, was cheap enough to not worry about haggling.

-anyway-

I think you'll be happy with the F25C. Being that I work for a dealer, I'm not eligible for any of the sales incentives, and there is VERY little markup in them so basically I had to pay about $20 less than MSRP. It sucked but I'm glad I did it. Super little motor (so far). Spent all day monday running around on a 40,000 acre lake trying to find fish, and we (or I) did, finally. All the run time, only used about 2 gallons of fuel and was able to sneak in close enough to watch a sleuth of black bears. Appeared to be momma and a couple cubs. Got within about 100 foot of them in the back of a cove until they finally decided that I was close enough, and they run off. Kinda cool to watch them. I ain't been around them much. Trolled a couple hours and with that, the variable trolling speed is SLICK. You can push the button to drop the idle speed from 900 to 750 (in 50 rpm increments) or increase it to 1050 in the same 50 rpm increments. I kept it 750 rpm and just trolled, picked up a few hybrids and whites, one crappie. Then I found the crappie and limited out in about an hour. Fed the neighbor lady and then the other neighbor who is disabled, and still have some left over. If y'all aint ever grilled crappie, you outta try it. Bigger filets are better/easier to work with so don't try it with some dinks. 12"+ crappie are where you are looking if you are going to grill them, and after doing so, I find it hard to ever want to fry them again.

I have had two problems with my F25C. First one, still ongoing, it has a "goose honk) about every 30 seconds after you shut it down from a run. Doesn't matter the speed or temp, it always does it. Second, the cowling seal is kind of bunched up. Yamaha and I are working together on this, and mine is a very early production motor which might play into it. Neither are a big deal, the goose honk is real faint, such that I can't hear it from the front of the boat. The cowling seal is cosmetic only and it just bothers me since I take good care of my stuff and little things like that eat at me. It won't bother me if yamaha don't want to "fix" it and I'll just figure out a way to fix it myself. The honk may be normal but I want to hear why. It's done it since day one, has 41 hours on it as of right no (assuming the external hourmeter is accurate).

There have been two or three times I wish I had gotten a 40, but most of the time I'm absolutely tickled with the F25C.

If I were you I'd be looking at replacing the impeller on it if it's a kicker motor. It's probably taken a "set" and will need replaced. I'd check it for sure though.

Latest posts