'93 Johnson 25HP, Can't get it to idle right...VIDEO!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And.....he has not gotten back with the difference in running quality with a needle adjustment. Lets not dive into seals yet, guys.....

You will have all kinds of crud on the surface of a test tank. That will not indicate your lower seal has failed.

Initial idle needle adjustment out 1-3/4 turns. Adjust in 1/8 turn increments and sneeze remains or stalls. By the way, that cheesy tach on the tiller didn't work out of the box.

This is like pulling teeth! :D When you write a reply go back and look at the reply and ask yourself if you supplied the information correctly and in a manner that anyone can read and completely understand.
I asked that you richen the needle a half turn to start with. That is counter clockwise. The answer you supplied is that you adjusted in 1/8 turn increments and the issue remains. We do not know what direction you turned it and where you ended up...........
It would be nice to know if you turned the needle in or out and how far did you eventually turn it.
We are still at step one here before we go any farther.

Not sure the OP got this figured out but I did mine. I rebuilt the fuel pump and I decided to check the fuel line that came with the motor. Took off the fittings and the line was loaded with varnish and gunk from old fuel. Bought a new fuel line and she is now running great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts