Briggs and Stratton 5 hp outboiard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people like them and some don't. Seems to be evenly split.
I wouldn't buy one.
Are they still even in production?

Not in production anymore. You can still find new ones online. I was actually looking at buying one aswell. Im leaning towards a merc/johnson 9.9. I have read all the reviews on the B&G, and they are split . The biggest thing is how loud they are.

Just sold my '03 5hp B&S. My experience with the motor is it's loud and vibrates viciously. Build is cheap which correllates lower price tag. Mines had a cracked cowling, broken choke shaft when I bought it. I like the fact that it's a cheap 4 stroke, no manual oil/gas mixing, starts easily, easy to operate, and low CA emissions :LOL2:. Easy to find parts online. I got mines used for $300 and sold for $400. So you can't go wrong with it; just don't overpay, but you already knew that. Good luck.

I had one of the first ones made and had issues when trolling due to overheating. These motors are made to run at 3600 RPM. Loud and plenty of vibration. Sold it and bought a 6HP Rude and never looked back.

Frank

i own the briggs 5hp its on my 15 foot john not a bad little motor will put my boat on plain with 3 people in it. its a little load but not to bad, any question on the motor just pmm me ill answer them had the motor for 2 years now an its great.

Latest posts