'99 25hp Johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntinfool

Reaction score
I have a friend that just bought a War Eagle boat with a '99 25hp Johnson motor on it. He is having some problems with his fuel pump. While accelerating fuel is spitting out of the back of the pump and it keeps missing. When he bought it the seller toid him he just put a new FP on it. I took it apart and it is all new. I put it back together and it is not leaking fuel anymore, but it is still missing. At the top of the FP in the back there is a small plastic piece with a brown spring around it. I noticed that on the back side of the FP that small plastic piece pops out every time it misses. I'm not sure what that piece is for. I looked at the service manual, but it does not show a parts list. Does anyone have a parts list or a diagram of the teardown? Any help appreciated.

Wow, 12 views and not one comment.
OK, let me see if I can make it easier.

Anyone have an online resource for Evinrude parts? Maybe I can find it there.

How about throwing up a few pics so we can see what youre talkin about dude???? :?

If it were that simple I would have already done it. My buddy took his boat with him and I don't have any pics. That is why I am looking for a schematic or picture or drawing or parts list, so I can point out the part/problem.
But thank you.

NEVERMIND. Your not going to believe this, but

HE SOLD HIS BOAT! He said he didn't want to take any chances with it so he sold it....... figures

Good Lord!!! .......... Chances are all it needed was a fuel/air adjustment at idle to richen it. The brown piece/plunger you mentioned that pops out everytime it misses is coming out with the excess pressure when the engine coughs lean. If not comfortable with the adjustment it could have been taken to any Johnson/Evinrude dealer for the simple adjustment! A two minute fix!

Latest posts