ELECTRIC OUTBOARD?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc3232

Reaction score
Has anyone converted a gas outboard to an electric? Or, knows anyone that has? If so, please let me know. I seen a guy at one of the lakes I go to that had his converted, but I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

I've heard of a few guys who have put the electric minkota on there pontoons for none motorized lakes.....from the reviews they are way over priced, undependable and more trouble than they are worth. I suppose it would be compared to the electric cars of the early 90's.....man I dread the day when they make a hybrid outboard....will that day ever come?

check this out! this is pretty cool looking which this guy converted a gas motor to an electric on. https://youtu.be/eX95hdSm_XY

Bugpac... So, do you know this guy who has it?

Man, that youtube video is exactly what Im looking for. Just wished it didnt have to be 48 volts.

Yea all that looks like it will be expensive. Exspecially since I dont even own an outboard. Just trying to find something electric that will go faster than 2 trolling motors. Down here on the Henry Co. Resivor its like 1700 acres, and it takes for ever to get around to the other side from where the boat ramp is.

Which begs the question... are electric only lakes for hp limit reasons or environmental reasons?

I know down here they say its for environmental reasons because its our drinking water. But with the invention 4 stroke engines, the polution is not half of what the 2 strokes are. So, I dont see why we couldnt run 4 strokes, I mean its not like the water they pull from there isnt going to be treated anyways.

I dont see why you couldnt run 2 10hps, I mean they technically dont exceed the limit. lol....
The rules dont say 1 10hp limit :D

Latest posts