Good place to buy parts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basstender10.6

Reaction score
I was browsing evinrude's online shop and was shocked by the high prices. They want $663 for a new carb for my 1999 evinrude 5hp motor. Does anyone know a website that I can buy lower unit oil screw screws, carb rebuild kit, impeller, spark plugs and other common parts for a reasonable price?

There are lots of places out there to get your parts from at reasonable prices. Once you have the part number, just search on that number until you find your best price.

ex. https://boats.wholesalemarine.com/index/Category-Engine-Parts/_/N-1a9/Ne-rs

basstender10.6 said:
I was browsing evinrude's online shop and was shocked by the high prices. They want $663 for a new carb for my 1999 evinrude 5hp motor. Does anyone know a website that I can buy lower unit oil screw screws, carb rebuild kit, impeller, spark plugs and other common parts for a reasonable price?

you find a place for cheap parts? if not pm me...

Pappy said:
Its always nice to establish a relationship between a local dealer and you. Buy locally whenever possible. This way they will still be there when you may need them!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
Keep it local!

My worthless $.02 opinion,
From past experience, substituting for cheaper after market parts has burned me. Paying more for OEM quality replacement parts that leaves you with a reliable turn key piece is well worth it.