1971 johson 9.5

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnduframe, there are no simple mods that can be applied to this motor to boost speed. The Evinrude/Johnson 9.5hp from 1964 to 1973 was a unique style motor. It was made to fulfill the presumed market desire for a compact low profile motor. The 9.5hp has a different carburetor setup, exhaust setup, and a different throttle setup.

It can be a bit of challenge to work on if you are inexperienced mechanically. When it is well cared for and proper maintenance is done, then you have a smooth running and excellent trolling fishing motor. It was never meant to be a power house, just a great little fishing motor.

cajuncook1 said:

shawnduframe, there are no simple mods that can be applied to this motor to boost speed. The Evinrude/Johnson 9.5hp from 1964 to 1973 was a unique style motor. It was made to fulfill the presumed market desire for a compact low profile motor. The 9.5hp has a different carburetor setup, exhaust setup, and a different throttle setup.

It can be a bit of challenge to work on if you are inexperienced mechanically. When it is well cared for and proper maintenance is done, then you have a smooth running and excellent trolling fishing motor. It was never meant to be a power house, just a great little fishing motor.

Wow!!! You should be in sales!! Perfect answer.

I loved mine. I was trying to figure out why its not pumping water but i cant find the problem. Before that though it ran beautifully. Slowed to a crawl if adjusted just right and ran hard when needed for such a small motor. Always started right up. I also looked into ways to make it run faster but came up empty

Pappy said:
cajuncook1 said:

Wow!!! You should be in sales!! Perfect answer.

I'm beginning to think these two guys went to different schools together!!! :lol:

EZ707 said:
I loved mine. I was trying to figure out why its not pumping water but i cant find the problem. Before that though it ran beautifully. Slowed to a crawl if adjusted just right and ran hard when needed for such a small motor. Always started right up. I also looked into ways to make it run faster but came up empty

EZ707,

Make another thread and post the problems you are having and we can properly address your concerns.

Cheers

Latest posts