Throttle linkage help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmelton

Reaction score
As some of you have read, I recently got a new to me 97 evinrude E40TLEUC. I’ve been doing routine maintaince on her, and today is the day to get the carbs cleaned out , and get her purring like a kitten.

She idles great, but when I put her in gear and rev’d her up nothing happened. I took the cowling off, and sure nuff a part is missing. I’ve looked at several parts diagrams, and can’t figure out what I need. I’ve taken a few pics to see if y’all can help. It’s the part connecting the throttle linkage to the carbs. Any help will be appreciated as always.

024ee59585abcf5640545d51679b1ee7.jpg
7761e49ca88ed561f505283af22453bf.jpg
cf56a709d517983cbf85b857e82d4685.jpg
08379c39be505c820b722678dff91e79.jpg
c3990377ba921ac75dccaec3335afc1e.jpg
44464e73d0bfeaf65de0f8377cf0f33c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I have the carbs backwards? I marked top an bottom before I removed them. Maybe the original owner was a worse mechanic than me...

Forgive me, but i looked through the diagrams and I don't see any additional parts.

I think you've got the linkage plates reversed between the upper and lower carb. See my doodles on your picture:

NIgsK2f.jpg

Shmelton said:
Do I have the carbs backwards? I marked top an bottom before I removed them. Maybe the original owner was a worse mechanic than me...

Looks like it.
Onthewater shows a good diagram, that roller looks like it needs to against that concave plate.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Fixed it, thanks guys...I’ve been working on mud motors for yrs, but outboards are new to me, and the obvious is not so obvious sometimes.

Shmelton said:
Fixed it, thanks guys...I’ve been working on mud motors for yrs, but outboards are new to me, and the obvious is not so obvious sometimes.

I was impressed that you opened up the cowl and saw a part was missing. I open up the cowl and just see a bunch of "stuff" that I have no idea about what it is there for. :shock: :shock:

Latest posts