Mercury 3.3 carb rebuild kit or aftermarket carb?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmwsc

Reaction score
I got the Johnson running well after the carb cleaning so now it's time to move on to the other motor... A Mercury 3.3 (it's either a 1995 or 96). This one was suffering from a similar illness as the other one... the carb is all gummed up. Even after a thorough cleaning it still doesn't seem to be quite right.

I looked up the cost of a rebuild kit for the carb and they seem to run around $75. Amazon lists a brand new, but aftermarket, complete carb for $78 and change. Should I have any concerns about picking up the aftermarket carb instead?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I ran it for a bit yesterday and everything seems good aside from the fact that after shutting the motor down I tilted the motor to get it out of the bucket and fuel came pouring out of the carb I'm 99%sure everything was reassembled correctly. What portion of the carb would I need to be looking at to resolve this?

...I'm still considering the new, aftermarket carb from Amazon. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare anyways!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Latest posts