More H.P. ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How creative do you want to get? Never seen an outboard with a super charger or nitros oxide before. Nothing that would cost less than a bigger motor and wouldn't possible wreck your outboard.

It's very rare to see any performance related "upgrades" to 4 stroke motors under 150hp. VERY rare.

Yes I've seen a turbocharged (DIY, and UGLY) 4 stroke 25hp Yamaha. Nitrous? Yes I've seen that too. These duck hunters are crazy. Used to be, they'd have duck boat races over at the white river by Augusta, Arkansas a couple times a year but I have been out of the loop for a good while now. I could care less actually. But one might stand to learn a thing or two if you decide to research it, or better yet, just go over there.

The last time I was out, someone has a 25hp Honda, but had made or somehow fabbed up a straight exahust that ran straight out of the head, outside of the cowling, just straight out. Loud and sounded odd, I do not recall it running much if any better than some of the other stuff out there; aside from just being loud. Still quieter than a lot of the 2 stroke motors though. Like I said, these guys are hard core, and mostly crazy.

good story.anyway,the 15 hp 2 stroke is basically a maxed out 9.9.you can play around with prop sizes and improve your hole shot a little,or lose bottom end for slightly higher top speed but overall you aren't going to get much more out of it.even bumping up to a 25 you'll likely see maybe a 5 mph gain.

Thanks guys, this is my 1st boat and I gotta start somewhere. It looks like I’ll have to tell the buddies to lose some weight...or make some new friends. I may be crazy but I’m not AR duck hunting crazy jk. Now if it was brown trout on the white river, than yeah, call me crazy!! Does losing the bottom end mean taking weight out of the back? Just got some new motor issues, guess I’ll just throw the money that way (see attached link)

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=47198

Thanks for the response everyone, it’s much appreciated. Cheers!

Latest posts