100 hp tiller?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's set up right, should be very little. However, when you are at full tilt and then go to make a turn while still on the throttle, you might need a couple helpers to be able to turn it. I've run a 115 tiller. Not much fun. Have also run a 115/80 jet tiller and those ain't bad. One thing I like about a tiller--when you're sitting on a good spot catching fish and somebody pulls up right next to you and starts fishing there too, just tilt the motor up and fire away. Can easily DRENCH (dangerously) the offender...

You can buy a new 250 or 300hp with the tiller option.. they have some sort of power steering involved though.

turbotodd said:
If it's set up right, should be very little. However, when you are at full tilt and then go to make a turn while still on the throttle, you might need a couple helpers to be able to turn it. I've run a 115 tiller. Not much fun. Have also run a 115/80 jet tiller and those ain't bad. One thing I like about a tiller--when you're sitting on a good spot catching fish and somebody pulls up right next to you and starts fishing there too, just tilt the motor up and fire away. Can easily DRENCH (dangerously) the offender...

This.

I had a friend with a merc 115 on a cabin cruiser lose a stelflex cable while we were out on the river.

We strapped a paddle to the side with the intent of him working the throttle and me being twice his size ....."Steering".

First it threw me against the gunnel, then after ten min or so of wrestling it the paddle broke and we had to get towed.

Young, dumb, drunk on a boat.

Latest posts