1980 johnson 25hp crankshaft assembley

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverbean

Reaction score
Is there any tips or something i should know before i connect the rods,bearings and caps to the crankshaft on my motor? Besides greasing the needle bearings and loctite on the end cap screws? Want to make sure before i do it so its done right the first time.

Loctite is not required on the rod screws. I always purchase new rod screws by the way and if I remember right the proper lubricant on the threads is 50:1 lubricant.
Snug the caps and either use a fingernail or a pencil to check the alignment of the cap...should be super smooth across the parting line. Once confirmed then torque to spec,

Ok...i knew about the pencil or fingernail to check for smoothness but was told to use loctite ( by my buddy who is a dirt track racer) but im gonna go with your advice since i firmly beleive you know more about outboards than him..thank you pappy.

Can i use acdelco 10-2006 RTV sealant for the crankcase and if so just put a small bead (1/8th inch) on one mating surface not both?

Latest posts