Another old V4 75hp comes back into service.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
YOUTUBE
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pappyfromthekeys
New Year's Day - 2021
This one is my personal engines. Lesa is fantastic about jumping in and riding in whatever boat I threw in the water but I do believe she wants a boat that will allow us a bit more zippy cruise speed than the typical 35-40hp engines we have been running. So...........
This is the Glasspar G3 I have been working on for months and months now.
Next step is the first run off the trailer to prove engine reliability. After that just put on the odds and ends like emblems on the boat, FL numbers on the hull, etc. Then we will see if I can afford to run the darn thing !
Engine has a strong idle both in and out of gear finally and seems to be ready to step up to the plate and take us boating.

Happy New Year everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJgr0tJa_2U

That is quite the project you gave there! Nice to see someone running the old Iron.. that V4 2 stroke sounds mint!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Boat looks great, engine sounds great. It should be a lot of fun. Happy New Year to you.

What a cool rig. I had a friend with similar boat, he had a ski bar that went up over the engine. Back when slalom skis were true banana peels!

Gonna be a nice time machine when you get done. Boat was born the same year as I was... Those cream and gold engines from that era are my favorites... They really made a boat look classy...

Shaugh....I have been offered a 1960 Johnson 75 in supposedly super condition...free! By the guy who took the engine off his customer's boat and serviced it for the entire time the customer owned it. I will pick it up and short shaft it and install it after I see it and make sure it is as nice as he says it is. This will be one of the ones you are talking about. Cowl is different in shape and is the cream or canvas color and has the gold circles on the top of it.
I kind of like this one because it has some of the same colors as the boat. A whiter white and the gray matches the silver trim on the boat.