Now THAT is a big girl ... or BEAST ?!?!?!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
New Mercury OB ... a V12 600 horsepower, 1200+ pound V12 cylinder motor with a 2-speed automatic transmission, counter-rotating or 'Duo' props, and a lower unit that rotates while the top half itself of the engine doesn't swivel, but only tilts.

All this power and trick engineering doesn't come cheap ... [highlight=yellow]expect to pay just under $80,000 per motor[/highlight] for the privilege.

Merc600hp-0.jpg

Merc600hp-1.jpg

Merc600hp-2.jpg

It will be the norm one day.

I have seen bassboats with 300's on them. I can only imagine a bassboat that could handle a 600. :LOL2:

How long would it take me to shoot across the lake at 5 AM when the lake is calm like an oil slick? :lol:

I took the plunge!
e2ea6b164a3475746e79eaf4851114ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That swivel foot and 2-speed tranny are true innovation. Naturally aspirated now, I'm guessing after they supercharge it (and you know they will) at least 800HP.

old_fart said:
I will be opening a new fuel dock this spring...

I bet it uses less fuel than a pair of 300s though.

I guess it's the natural order of things, many years ago 150s replaced twin 75s, then the 300 replaced the 150s, now a 600 is going to replace twin 300s. I'd like to see what will eventually replace twin 600s.

MrGiggles said:
... now a 600 is going to replace twin 300s.
Actually, they're replacing more inboard diesels or I/O installations too! Huge 40-50 footers, once the domain of inboards, are switching over to these honkingly HUGE motors!

\
MrGiggles said:
... I'd like to see what will eventually replace twin 600s.
My bet? It will be electric ...