Changing from a aluminum to stainless prop

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman3395

Reaction score
I have a 2001 tracker pro crappie 175 with a 40 hp tracker/Mercury motor and I want to put a stainless prop on it. There is a sticker above the prop has (13x26 2.00:1). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah, the specs should be stamped or cast on your current prop, if it's just a part number you will have to Google it and find the specs.

Alternatively, you can run your setup through Turning Point's prop wizard, it's usually pretty close. Most prop companies have their own wizard/prop selector guide as well.

I’d skip the stainless steel prop myself ... pure WASTE of good $$$ on a 40hp motor IMHO!

I would put one of the new Hustler pressed aluminum ones by Turning Point on it, 4-blade if you really need to carry a load - those props offer unreal performance! They run about $85.

Be honest with the weight carried in that Turning Point prop calculator and pitch it to be no more than 200 RPM off, preferably closer to the max rating for that or any motor.

Find myself with light fuel and I would be right at the max rating, carrying 5 people with full fuel and I would only be down 200 RPM at most.