1975 Evinrude 15hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwengerd

Reaction score
I have a 1975 Evinrude 15hp on my 14' semi-v and was wanting a little more power out of it. I am running a factory prop and was wondering if there is an after market prop for these motors or tricks i can do to the motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Justin

Not much you can do to a 15hp other than set-up.On your size boat a 10 or 11 pitch prop is the biggest you want to go_Otherwise you won't be able to keep the RPM'S up.Run a stainless prop with a good cup & you should be able to run your cavitation plate even to as much as an inch above bottom of boat.Just make sure you don't go too high where it doesn't pump water.
Have fun but be safe.

ok, Thanks for the info. I Would really like to put a 25hp on it but not really sure if the boat would handle it or not.

If your transom is in good shape & your corners are supported & in good shape you shouldn't have no problem with a 25hp.Just be careful,its a big jump from a 15 to a 25hp.I run a 20hp on my 1240 v with no problem.
Post some pics of your boat,it will give a better idea what your dealing with.

Dont tell anyone but I have a 25 on my 1436 with no problems at all. I am very careful on having the boat balanced and am very happy with the way it runs.

I too run a 25hp on my 1436. When I replaced my transom I added a 1x6 oak board to it. I moved my gas tank up front and build a casting deck over it.

ok, I think i found a deal i put my 1975 Evinrude 15hp on craigslist to trade for a 25-30hp motor i have a guy wanting to trade me a 1978 Suzuki 25hp It is reapainted and rebuilt carb and fuel pump :D What do you guys think? I am wondering how good are suzuki motors? If they are good motors i think its a good deal just wondering what you guys think.

ok, thats what i was planning wasnt sure if there was anything i was missing. I geuss i can check the lower end to for water. man i hope i get it my boat would be a totally different boat going from 15hp to 25hp. :D

Latest posts