Woodwork.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsmith

Reaction score
I like to tinker in the wood shop. Latest project outside of the boat is one of the old paddles that came with it. Also I build custom tables.

Attachments

• 20210106_184227.jpg
    20210106_184227.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2,572
  • 20201217_170446.jpg
    20201217_170446.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,572
  • 20201122_194232.jpg
    20201122_194232.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,572
That is a nice looking table and I like your shop. When we moved to our current house I sold off a lot of my woodworking stuff due to lack of room. I kept the table saw and cut off table figuring it would continue to save me money. Also kept the Oneida dust collector.

Our house came with a 2800sf shop. About a third is heat and ac. Will spoil you for sure.

BTW.... the tables bought my boat!

There always seems to be demand for quality work. I used to have random people stop by the old house to ask about me doing project work. I always politely declined (with thanks) because my plate was pretty full with my regular job.

The price of wood is killing my boat money woodwork. People are getting scared off but I have to follow the wood prices.

Latest table 100+ year old barnwood from their grandpa's barn.

Attachments

• 20210506_215108.jpg
    20210506_215108.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2,153
I really enjoyed this one. Hours of dry brush scrubbing to get the cow/horse/rat poopdust off then a full gallon of poly to seal it. So worth it when you see a happy customer.

Prices will probably be high for awhile. Purchases are made early anticipating the next year.

Nice work.

It's going to happen sooner or later.

House contectors showed there increases to the customers and they are willin to pay the additional costs. We are our own worst enemy.. if people just said no, things change quickly.

I was talking to a bank fisherman this morning. He said he can't get a deal on a boat because of Covid and price jacking. I told him to wait till winter...

Wait till winter really works on boats. I just got a well taken care of 2013 tracker pro 165 yesterday for probably 2000 less than it would have been a couple months ago.

I am going to build a pantry for my daughter's kitchen. I was looking on line for paint grade cabinet ply at the big boxes. Prices are shocking. I guess I'm not saying anything everyone doesn't already know.

Jim said:
I wonder how much longer before the price of wood starts to come back down.

this recession will cure it. people already bailing on the new home builds. plywood is only half what is was a few months ago, but still 4 times higher than it was before , well, you know. i am fixed income, and have been waiting for long time to build a deck. gonna be waiting a little longer. may as well go fishing!

I'm speculating, but sure this has something to do with it.
I'm getting soooo tired of hearing that the supply is "sitting on a container ship off of the Los Angeles port". :x

(And it doesn't matter what you're trying to buy.)

Rant over.....Roger

The plywood I bought had "Ecuador" stamped on the edge. I paid $76/sheet. Two years ago that would have been in the $40 neighborhood for similar stuff. To be fair, so far, other than the cost, I'm pretty happy with it.

Latest posts