Hub size

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markb63

Reaction score
How do you find the right size bearing buddy for a boat trailer? If measure then can you please tell me how. Tyvm

Do you know what size bearings the hubs use? Generally the outer race of the outer bearing will be the same size as the correct bearing buddy.
A 1" and 1-1/16 bearing use the same outer race 1.98". A 3/4" bearings outer race would be 1.78" A 1-3/8" x 1-1/16" hub would again be 1.98".

No I dont know. I've never changed them so don't know exactly and dont know how to find out

If you cannot get the wheel bearing part number, then use a measurement of the inside diameter of the hub to determine which bearing buddy to get.

This is from eTrailer's Q&A. They also have a video showing how to take the measure if needed.

"To measure your existing hub it is recommended to use digital calipers to get a precise measurement. The measurement needs to be of the inner diameter of the hub bore. Once you have that measurement then you can choose the Bearing Buddy that is the next size larger."

PS: If you remove the hub completely you might be able to read the outer bearing part number -- assuming your bearing has the part number is etched on the surface.

Markb63 said:
No I dont know. I've never changed them so don't know exactly and dont know how to find out
Might be a good time to service the trailer. Inspect, repack or replace the bearings, races and seals.

This is pic of spec. Can anyone please read that of the small inside diameter.

Tyvm

Attachments

• 0626201515_HDR.jpg
    0626201515_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 301
I cleaned up the above mentioned freebies.
These are for a 1.980 hub.

They're older generic models that have been
on & off several trailers, but they work fine afaik.

You're probably better off just buying new.
Shipping is probably $10ish , I see several generic
models on Amazon for $15ish

Let me know if you're still interested.

20200628_122342.jpg

20200628_121922.jpg

20200628_121910.jpg

20200628_121900.jpg

Latest posts