battery or batteries?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X53Gunner

Reaction score
Give me your ideas. I have a livewell pump, navigation lights, deck lights, bilge pump, trolling motor, radio, HDS fish finder. How many and what type of batteries would you run? I was thinking maybe a large deep cycle and a smaller battery to conserve weight. No charging off my out board as its not electric start. Also give me ideas as to what battery you would hook what too. Thanks!

If you plan on running the batteries in parallel you will want 2 of the same size batteries and have them as close as possible to the same age
having one older battery and adding a new one will shorten the life of the new one.
As far as what to hook to what you could get away with running everything but the trolling motor on a size 24 deep cycle and get a 27 or 31 group for the trolling motor but you wont want to hook them in parallel

Thanks all, I just picked up a 27 for the electronics and a 30 or 31 for the trolling motor should do me just fine. I also picked up a two bank 12 amp onboard charger from Cabela's. Just a heads up, Gander has a 20.00 mail in rebait on all batteries right now.
Scott

I have two, a deep cycle for the TM and a lawn tractor battery for the fish finder, bilge and lights. I just like the idea of having a little bit of backup for either one. I've ran short a couple of times and had to paddle back to the doc or never want to run out of battery for the bilge.

I have 2 27's. 1 for the TM and one for the bilge, lights, 12v plug, and fish finder.

Latest posts