What kind of Fish Finder!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbarbee

Reaction score
I'm looking for my first fish finder but there are so many I'm confused! Help please!!
I know I don't want to spend over $200 but would rather stay around $150.
Is that possible and what kind do you guys recommend?
Thanks!!

I like Lowrance so I would say the mark 5x for about 160.00 or the mark 5x pro which has a dual frequency transducer for 200.00. both 5" screens.

BEEN HEARING ALOT OF GUYS TALKING ABOUT THE EAGLE CUDA 350S MAP, AND ITS FITS YOUR BUDGET, I HAVE BEEN LOKING INTO ONE MYSELF

Thanks guys! I don't see pay'n for color. The prices are ridiculous!

I think I'm going to pick up a Garmin Echo 200. It has great resolution for it's price range.

bbarbee said:
Thanks guys! I don't see pay'n for color. The prices are ridiculous!

I have a color on the bow and greyscale on the console. the color is actually harder to see in the sun, but the differences in structure are a bit easier to see.

it sounds like you have never owned one, go with humminbird. they are very easy to navigate the menu and options and you will figure out how to get it to do what you want it to in no time. i would leave it on the default settings for a while when you first get it because it will be easy to read and less confusing, they also have a simulator mode so you can play with it at home, thats the time to switch the user mode to advanced to get familiar with it just make sure to restore default settings before you hit the water...

shawnfish said:
it sounds like you have never owned one, go with humminbird. they are very easy to navigate the menu and options and you will figure out how to get it to do what you want it to in no time. i would leave it on the default settings for a while when you first get it because it will be easy to read and less confusing, they also have a simulator mode so you can play with it at home, thats the time to switch the user mode to advanced to get familiar with it just make sure to restore default settings before you hit the water...
What model do you recommend?
Thank you by the way!!

all i have ever owned where hummingbirds, i was always happy with them im just looking for something a lil different, my boat has been pretty plain since i have owned it and im getting a lil tired of it so i thought i could put some cool electronics in it, maybe rekindle a lil love... :lol: :lol:

325 model is 179.00black and white,345c is a hundred bucks more with color monitor but thats about all you get for the xtra 100........

I JUST ACTUALY PICKED UP A LOWRANCE 332C AND I THINK IM GONNA LIKE IT ALOT, I GOT A GREAT DEAL ON IT, MY BROTHER JUST GOT A NEW RANGER PWT, BOAT AND A GIG FROM RANGER THIS WAS ON HIS OLD BOAT THAT HE SOLD, HE WAS TELLIN ME ABOUT IT THIS WEEKEND

shawnfish said:

+1

What kind of water do you normally fish? What species are you after? What do you want it to do?

I tried a Humminbird 570. Wasn't real impressed. Showed fish everywhere under the boat. Screen was covered with fish!!! Couldn't even get a bite. Threw everything in my tackle and live bait. After an hour or so I think it was mistaken. Or I just didn't know what I was do'n...lol

Brine said:
What kind of water do you normally fish? What species are you after? What do you want it to do?
I usually only fish fresh water.
Anything...Bass, Crappie, Walleye, etc.

bbarbee said:
I tried a Humminbird 570. Wasn't real impressed. Showed fish everywhere under the boat. Screen was covered with fish!!! Couldn't even get a bite. Threw everything in my tackle and live bait. After an hour or so I think it was mistaken. Or I just didn't know what I was do'n...lol

i was getting the same thing last night, anyone know if this is a mistake ready and or whats going on

Latest posts