Serious issues with new Minn Kota Edge 45. Link to video.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

euroshowoff

Reaction score
So I recently had an issue with an older motor guide where the motor would rock furioulsy after about 10-15 seconds of operations. After I let off, it would go fine again for another 10-15 seconds and shake furiously again. Now, i recently replaced the motor guide with a new minn kota 45 edge and it is doing the same thing. On lower speeds its not bad, however on speed 4 and 5 i can only get about 15 seconds of solid use. I've posted a video, any information would be great. By the way, it is installed on a 99 bass tracker 165.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qugvd6phxmxbgb1/Video%20Sep%2007%2C%208%2015%2008%20AM.mov?dl=0

Get new circuit breakers. To check first, wire the motor direct. If it is doing it with two different motors, it is in your wiring somewhere.

tomme boy said:
Get new circuit breakers. To check first, wire the motor direct. If it is doing it with two different motors, it is in your wiring somewhere.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

euroshowoff said:
tomme boy said:

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

Think I might have found my issues examine the wiring, what do you guys think?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442197878.864783.jpg

You have some pretty bad corrosion on the wires and broken wires at that. Cut off the eyelets and strip back the wire to find good wire and put on new eyelets

Latest posts