1990 Tracker pro V 17

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyo3629

Reaction score
I have a bass tracker pro V 17 that I have installed a 2018 three cylinder Suzuki in place of the two cylinder Johnson. There’s a selector switch on the back of the tachometer that I need to change to three cylinders. Unfortunately the switch is not marked and I don’t know what position to put it in. It has a little slot in it. Thanks for any help you guys could offer me.
Also there’s a gray wire going to the tachometer that is disconnected. What does it go to?
The guy at the Suzuki dealer said that I needed to connect the purple wire to the gray wire and green with red stripe wire that are mated coming from the engine. He said this was key on power. When I started the engine the tack stayed about 800 RPM and did not change with engine speed. The gray wire on the boat that I was talking about earlier came straight from the tachometer. He also said there was a pigtail coming out of the engine harness that was yellow, he said that was the tack wire. But when I hooked the gray wire up to it nothing happened.When I connected The purple wire to the yellow wire the tack needle maxed out. As you can guess I’m lost on this.