Old minn Kota foot pedal

Trolling motors, Fish Finders, GPS, Batteries, anything Electrical, post it here.
Tgc1021

Old minn Kota foot pedal

Post by Tgc1021 »

Was given older model Minn Kota bow mount auto pilot. Don’t know anything about it other then was told it worked until the foot pedal got damaged. Looking for what type of replacement pedal I need. Thanks pics and serial number below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CRS

Old minn Kota foot pedal

Post by CRS »

Your best bet at getting what you need is to contact Minn Kota https://www.minnkotamotors.com/support

MrGiggles

Old minn Kota foot pedal

Post by MrGiggles »

I'd almost bet that it used the same pedal as the older Powerdrives, which are NLA and good used ones bring a lot of money. If the plug is flat with 4 or 5 pins in it, that's the one.

If that's not the case, I'm betting it's still not available from Minn Kota unfortunately.

I was able to DIY a foot pedal for an old Powerdrive using some foot switches and relays from Ebay.

kdgrills

Old minn Kota foot pedal

Post by kdgrills »

If it's available Northland Marine will have it.
Give them a call if you can't find it via their
website, they're always very helpful.

https://northlandmarine.com/

jethro
Donor

Old minn Kota foot pedal

Post by jethro »

Northland doesn't have it, I tried. I have an original Minn Kota Powerdrive motor that works fine but the pedal is torched and is in the pile to go to the dump. You can't even get the circuit board and wire anymore to rebuild a pedal.
I fish, therefore, I am.

1993 Starcraft SF 14 DLX side console with 25 hp Mercury 2 stroke
2003 Sylvan 2100 Profish walkthrough with 150 Mercury Saltwater and 6hp Mecury 4 stroke kicker

MrGiggles

Old minn Kota foot pedal

Post by MrGiggles »

jethro wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 10:22 Northland doesn't have it, I tried. I have an original Minn Kota Powerdrive motor that works fine but the pedal is torched and is in the pile to go to the dump. You can't even get the circuit board and wire anymore to rebuild a pedal.
There is a wiring diagram out there for those older Powerdrives, the pedal is pretty simple. I made my own pedal with a pair of DPDT foot switches and a 1kohm log pot for speed control.

I also had a wireless 4 channel relay board rigged up for remote control. Worked pretty slick for what it was, poor man's copilot.